The Enneagram is a personality system that describes nine different ways of seeing the world involving fundamental patterns of thinking, feeling, and acting. The basic idea is that when we were born, we had a closer connection to our essential self. Then, throughout childhood and growing up, we developed certain patterns in order to survive and seek satisfaction. In other words, we were once able to see the world from a 360 degree perspective, and in an effort to protect ourselves we sectioned off most of that, ending up with a mere 40 degree outlook on the world. Tunnel vision, you could also call it.
- What is the essential truth that they lost sight of
- What they came to believe instead
- Where their focus of attention turned to, as a result of this new belief
- What is the number one fear they avoid
- What makes them personally reactive
- What this costs in their daily lives and relationships
- Identifying your blind spots
- Offering practical applications in order to let go of old habits and develop new patterns
- Reclaiming more of your essential self; or getting out of the box you are already in
At the end of the session, I will give you feedback on your answers and how they match up with the Enneagram, narrowing down your likely type.
The purpose of this interview is to engage in a process of self-discovery. To help you continue in this process, at the end of this session you will receive a free copy of TheEssential Enneagram (a $12.99 value) by David Daniels, MD and Virginia Price, PhD to help you further explore your type.
Sign up today!
Elizabeth Elkins is a Certified Enneagram Consultant. She offers individual, partner and group sessions, as well as workshops. For more information, go to www.enneagramnewyorkcity.com.